Tuesday, April 9, 2013

29 Aran Button Vest

This pattern is from Patons - Book 1265. It is Pattern 3 in the relevant book, but did not knit according to the specified measurements even when the guage was right. I had to use a serger/overlocker to slash and resize the garment to fit me and sew up the neckline which gaped horribly. As you can see it did not look much like the original. 

Here is what the original looked like:



Here is what my version looked like :(





In future I will be swatching from this booklet and then sizing the pattern according to my own measurements. Ah well, this was a good learning exercise and on the plus side the garment is wonderfully warm.

Here is a link to details of the relevant book - Patons - Book 1265 - Jet


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips